Featured Post

Hacking Health in Hamilton Ontario - Let's hear that pitch!

What compelled me to register for a weekend Health Hackathon? Anyway, I could soon be up to my ears in it. A pubmed search on Health Hack...

Friday, January 25, 2013

Gesture interfaces in the surgery


I guess I am still fascinated with new technologies in the surgery. This is not an ehealth activity per se - more along the lines of health technology assessment - but I think it began when we were studying an RFID surgery supply inventory replenishment system.  Using Walmart style supply-chain management to handle healthcare inventory (let alone whereabouts of patients) seemed like an interesting idea - and indeed it is.  As for hand gestures to control MRI images, it would appear that gesture interfaces for computer technology is a big attraction at the Las Vegas computer show, where on also on display are eye tracking technology interfaces as well - Could eye-tracking replace your computer mouse.

I wonder where using gestures to control virtual environments really comes from? I am thinking about art installations where gestures and musical forms interact - things of that nature, or theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment