Featured Post

Hacking Health in Hamilton Ontario - Let's hear that pitch!

What compelled me to register for a weekend Health Hackathon? Anyway, I could soon be up to my ears in it. A pubmed search on Health Hack...

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Progress on Python Programming for Plone

I am trying at least to learn some Python programming, because it is the main programming behind the Plone content management system.  I have been given a site to manage and I would ideally like to extend the capability of the site, beyond just designing content using the built in CSS.  I am up to exercise 19 on the Python hard programming site.  I am more used to programming in Coldfusion and PHP but what I want to do with CF or PHP I have no clue right now with Plone or Python.  I just want to learn how to do some simple CRUD (create, read, update, delete) in Plone and Python.  If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I would like to start with uploading a CSV file exported from an Access database, then displaying the content in an edit/update form in Plone.  I learned how to create a feedback form in Plone, which was a fairly simple built in module, but I have not found out yet how to create a form creation utility through Zope.  I also don't have command line access to the Plone site, and have to work through an administration that charges by the hour for the service, so I need to get that right.  I have searched the internet for CRUD documentation on Plone, but the documentation is not easy to read or understand, so I am not sure if I need an Archetype or ContentMirror, or whatever.  But just now I googled "CRUD Python" and got an interesting result - < here >  The more I see this the more I miss CPANEL, PHPMyAdmin, or CFAdministrator and Dreamweaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment