Featured Post

Hacking Health in Hamilton Ontario - Let's hear that pitch!

What compelled me to register for a weekend Health Hackathon? Anyway, I could soon be up to my ears in it. A pubmed search on Health Hack...

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Panic Virus

Books! I am reading the Panic Virus by Seth Mnookin. Might even see him at a conference next month where he is the key speaker at the Canadian Association of Research Ethics Board. The first 70 pages or so about vaccines and those in the public who advocate AGAiNST them, reminded me of another book I read recently by Michael Bliss on the smallpox epidemic in Montreal in the last century. The role the media plays with science stories is huge, but so is the role parents play who advocate for their kids. This book is not about ehealth or technology. It is mostly about Autism and how bad science created the impression that vaccinations were responsible for causing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment