Featured Post

Hacking Health in Hamilton Ontario - Let's hear that pitch!

What compelled me to register for a weekend Health Hackathon? Anyway, I could soon be up to my ears in it. A pubmed search on Health Hack...

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies

Just joined the website < Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies >. Was happy to see they have a Cyborg Buddhist. Very interesting. Bioethics should be looking at transhumanism more, from many different perspectives and realms of experience. This site reminded me of the work of Dr. Nick Bostrom, and I just found out he is mentioned on the site, which in fact is how I remembered him. More digging around, I find out Bostrom founded the IEET! His group at Oxford university is looking at the future of humanity. I don't think they are that optimistic. I would highly recommend reading some of his papers, even if you don't have a scholarly bent. Here is his website: http://www.nickbostrom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment